Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love our Appy nights and this is one I came up with that not only is delicious but easy to prepare and I normally have all the ingredients on hand. Yum! I hope you enjoy it.
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, 10 biscuit size
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sweet
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce, sweet
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 2 mini tartlet pans (should be 12 cups per pan) with cooking spray (remember to fill leftover tarlet cups with a small amount of water to prevent burning).
- Heat 10 inch pan on med high heat, add sausage, onion and green pepper, saute for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and garlic, continue to saute for an additional 3 minutes and drain if needed.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour in Barbecue sauce and simmer for 10 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese.
- Meanwhile prepare biscuits by cutting them in half and bringing the cut ends together to make a circle.
- Form them by hand into 2 1/2 inch circles and place them in the prepared tartlet pans by gently pressing down.
- Spoon a heaping tsp of the meat mixture in each circle.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
Made these delicious bbq sausage tartlets today to munch on during the football games and they were a hit. They are really easy to make and we enjoyed the yummy filling. The only change I made was to use a breakfast-type sausage vs. Italian sausage as I felt it would go better with the bbq sauce. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.
Delicious! This makes a great snack or appetizer! Very simple to make, too. Thanks for sharing.