Recipe by I'mPat
From our state paper The West Australian. They recommend that you use a sweet apple and not granny smith as they won't hold their shape in the cooking process. Times are estimated.
- 1 pink lady apple (or similar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the apple into batons 5cm long and 1cm wide and deep and then toss the batons in the lemon juice.
- Brush won ton wrappers with butter and place a slice of apple on top and roll the wrapper over to seal, then brush with a little more butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the little strudels on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with a bowl of whipped cream or custard to dip into.