Recipe by Sharon123
Make use of fresh cranberries with this easy one-pot dinner, which harmonizes sweet and savory flavors with Asian flair. I'm not a meat eater but like to post meat recipes every so often for the tag games. Recipe courtesy of Ming Tsai, author of Simply Ming: One-Pot Meals.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on bone in)
- 12 -14 scallions, sliced (2 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown chicken on both sides. Set chicken aside.
- In same pot, sauté scallions and garlic. Add rice and sauté for 1 minute. Add hoisin and stir, then add red wine, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced by three quarters, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cranberries, and reserved chicken to pot and bring to a simmer; cover and transfer to oven for 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.