Recipe by Sydney Mike
What could be more festive for the winter holidays than 'fruitcake cookies' flavored with some great-tasting mincemeat!
Top Review by Noo
These are a really nice little cookie.Unfortunately I had to use all red cherries ( I live in the town that time forgot!!),but I can imagine that with the green running through them they would look very festive indeed.They were so easy to make,and the smells coming from the oven were definately festive!! The children have been giving them the thumbs up,and next time,we'll be making them altogether for our christmas cookie collection.Thanks Sydney Mike.Made for ZaarTag.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries
- 1⁄2 cup green glazed cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat oil & sugar until light.
- Beat in egg & almond extract until smooth.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- Beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Stir in cherries.
- Drop by rounded teasoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly brown & firm.
- Cool on wire rack.