Recipe by Brian Holley
Pass this dish around when having a curry it makes a tasty and unusual starter to the meal,or as a party dish. This can be made using fresh or frozen prawns. If using frozen, thaw and drain them well before using.
- 1 lb prawns, shelled and dried
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green chili
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor put the prawns, garlic ginger, chilli, onion, turmeric, pepper and salt. Give a quick blitz. DO NOT LIQUIDIZE THE INGREDIENTS, chop them and mix.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Form the mixture into balls the size of a golfball. Coat with breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the prawn balls till golden, drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with the chopped parsley.