Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This luscious, silky pie calls for a baked pie shell, and the flaky contrast with the gooey filling is really good. But if you're running short on time, you can substitute a graham cracker crust to eliminate that step. Do remember to chill the pineapple though. Simply put the can in the refrigerator as soon as you bring it home from the grocery store. Taken from the "From Storebought to Homemade" cookbook. Note: cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 pie shell, fully baked (or graham cracker crust)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained and chilled
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- If using a traditional pastry shell, bake it according to package directions.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, pineapple and Cool Whip; blend well.
- Transfer the filling to the pie shell and, if you wish, sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
UUUMMMM!!! I had this pie at a friend's luncheon, came home and looked up the recipe so I could make one myself and this is it!!! DELICIOUS!! Thanks Jonesies!!
Delicious. The filling is perfect. Too bad my BF didn't like cause when a dessert contains cream cheese, he doesn't like. My neighbour upstairs was happy to have 2 pieces of it. Thanks Jonesies :)
Delicious pie. I will use the "extra servings" graham cracker pie next time.