I feed my 8 parrots millet all the time. Who knew I could eat it too? You can buy Millet at your favorite health food store. 3 points per serving for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat 2 cups of stock to boiling over high heat.
- 2Add millet.
- 3Reduce heat to lo. Cook, covered, until millet is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 25-30 minutes.
- 4In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of stock.
- 5Add scallions, onion and garlic.
- 6Cook over medium heat until soft about 5 minutes.
- 7Add 3 cups stock and tomato paste.
- 8Add vegetables.
- 9Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- 10Add salt and pepper, cooked millet and parsley.
- 11Cook 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millet Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: