1/1 Photo of Millennium Mocha Rocky Road Oatmeal Cookies
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe won the $10,000 Grand Prize in the 10th annual Quaker Oats competition. These cookies are indulgent, comfy and chewy-crisp. Including the coffee keeps them from being overly sweet but leave it out if you like. Kids have fun forming these by hand.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 T hot water (If desired coffee can be eliminated, substitute 1 T milk for the hot water)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old fashioned, for old fashioned oats, add 2T additional flour)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- 3Beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 5Add coffee if using or milk substitute and mix well.
- 6Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- 7Stir in oats (and extra flour if using old fashioned), chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 8To shape cookies, flatten 1 heaping Tbsp of dough in palm of hand.
- 9Arrange 4 marshmallows in center; wrap dough around marshmallows to cover completely.
- 10Repeat with remaining dough and marshmallows.
- 11Space cookies 2" apart on cookie sheets.
- 12Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 13(Do not overbake; centers of cookies should still be soft.) Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks.
- 14Cool completely.
- 15Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millennium Mocha Rocky Road Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g