Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Decadence delux! Tore this out of a magazine a while ago. Time does not include 6 hours chilling time for mousse.
- 375 g puff pastry
- icing sugar, to serve
- 1 vanilla pod
- 284 ml double cream
- 40 g icing sugar, sifted
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken
- 75 g butter, cubed
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 75 g caster sugar
- Make vanilla cream by splitting open vanilla pod and removing seeds. Add icing sugar. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold through vanilla mixtures, Refrigerate.
- Make chocolate mousse by melting butter and chocolate. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and moussey. In a separate bowl mix egg whites until stiff. Fold choclate mixture into egg yold mixture then fold in egg whites. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Cut pastry into 24 equal serving pieces.
- Place pastry on baking tray and bake 10-15 minutes until golden and puffed. Leave to cool and flatten slightly.
- To serve place piece pastry on each plate. Add a layer of vanilla cream, another piece of pastry then chocolate mousse, top with another piece of pastry and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit or berries.