Recipe by Mirj
You will not believe how heavenly this cake is. My youngest always requests this as her family dinner birthday cake.
Top Review by diamonds4heather
Great cake! I didn't have a bundt pan so I made it in a 13x9 pan which altered the baking time quite a bit ( I think I baked for an additional 30 minutes at least. However, I am one of those cooks who doesn't pay much attention to time and just checks on things until they appear "done", so I can't be exact on the time). It is a really great blend of flavors, and I am a big fan of milky way bars so it really hit the spot. Thanks so much for a yummy recipe.
- 5 Milky Way bars (regular candy bar size)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt candy bars with 1/2 c of butter.
- Cream sugar with remaining 1/2 c of butter until light.
- Add candy and blend well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and add alternately with flour to candy mixture, ending with flour.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into candy mixture with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.