Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
my great- grandmother used to make this for me and all of my aunts and cousins too. no-one i have ever talked to has heard of it, but it is one of my favorite all-time breakfast foods, sometimes dessert too.
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml butter substitute
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk or 236.59 ml soymilk, vanilla is good
- 2 piece toast
- your favorite jam
- heat butter in saucepan until melted
- add flour and stir constantly for about a minute
- add milk and stir constantly until mixtrue thickens quite a bit, meanwhile make your toast and jam it
- when sauce is done, pour it over toast or have a bowl for dipping
I was raised on this. We didn't use jam though. Some in the family said it was a cure
for a hangover from drinking too much. I love it when it is freezing outside.