Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I saw Bobby Flay make this and I sat there drooling. I was writing down all the ingredients when I realized I could have gotten it off the internet. Am posting here for safe keeping. This is better left in the refrigerator overnight.
MILK CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
ASSEMBLING OF THE PUDDING
- 12 ounces thin chocolate wafer cookies (Nabisco)
- 4 large bananas, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- milk chocolate, shavings
- MILK CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM:.
- Place milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in both chocolates and heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the yolks, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the chocolate-milk mixture and then return the mixture to the saucepan over medium-high heat abd whisk until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Place plastic wrap over the surface(touching the cream)of the pasrty cream and let cool to room temperature.
- ASSEMBLING THE PUDDING:.
- Spoon about 1 cup of the pastry cream into a 9"x13" glass dish.
- Layer the cookies, bananas, and pastry cream in the dish, ending with the pastry cream.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, spread the whipped cream over the top of the pudding and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.