Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 liters milk
- edible silver foil, as desired
- chopped dry almonds or chopped dry pistachios or chopped dry cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid (dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
- 250 g sugar
- Boil half the milk.
- Add citric acid and water.
- Sieve through a muslin cloth.
- Press out excess water.
- Boil the remaining milk till it reduces to half its quantity.
- Pour the sieved mixture in this.
- Boil milk till the mixture thickens.
- Stir continuously.
- Add sugar in the milk.
- Stir till it softly thickens in a lump.
- Set in a plate.
- Apply silver foil.
- Sprinkle the chopped dry nuts.