Recipe by Chef LauraMD
This is a less sweet version of the typical sweet potato casserole everyone enjoys over the holidays.
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 45 minutes, until tender. Let cool; peel and mash.
- Combine sweet potatoes with sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, milk, 6 T butter, beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine Brown sugar, pecans, flour and butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.