Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
What I came up with out of the blue when Mike wanted spicy corn.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 fresno chilies, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet (that has a cover), add shallots and chilies sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until softened, add garlic & sauté 1 more minute.
- Add frozen corn, hot sauce, and chili powder, stir to combine. Add a couple tablespoons of water, cover & cook on medium about 5 minutes until corn is thawed, uncover & cook 1-2 minutes until excess liquid is evaporated.
- Sprinkle flour over corn & stir until well combined & cook 1 minute. Add half & half, and allow to come to a simmer, cover & cook 3-5 minutes until thickened. Add salt & pepper to taste.