Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a recipe I made from scatch. I needed to use the ground Italian sausage I had in the ref. so I put my mind to work and this was the results. Hope you enjoy it as much as DH and I did.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground extra lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mccormick teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (made from sourdough bread)
- 1⁄4 cup durkee French fried onion rings, crumbled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 350'.
- In a large bowl combine Italian sausage and hamburger.
- In a small skillet add butter and saute garlic,onion and green pepper together til lightly brown.Add worcestershire sauce and simmer another minute.Add mixture to the bowl that the meat is inches.
- Add kosher salt,tomato sauce,whipping cream,egg mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs and crumbled durkee french fried onion rings,Italian seasoning,basil,Accent and black pepper.
- Combine all together and place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- NOTE: You may need to add more milk if its to dry while mixing together. Also more or less breadcrumbs, onion and peppers depending on your taste.
Made this to go with Marshas' potato salad (or the other way around). I only tasted it as I have stopped eating red meat. It was enjoyed by the rest of the gang topped with ketchup. Only down comment was regarding the crunchy onions...was told to leave them out. No worries, will make again even without onions. Thanks for a keeper!