Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The green colour looks fabulous and the taste is heavenly. Serve with a raspberry coulis. Keep enough rind of the orange and lemon for garnish.
- 50 ml Midori melon liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 lemon rind
- 1 orange rind
- 1 kg pear (approx 4)
- 1⁄2 bunch mint
- Bring Midori, sugar, spices, rinds and water to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel the pears and remove the base end but leave the stem intact.
- Place pears in hot liquid and simmer for approximately 15mins or until cooked. Cooking time depends on how ripe the pears are.
- Place each pear on a dessert plate.
- Top each pear with 2 tablespoons reserved poaching liquid.
- Garnish with orange rind curls and mint sprigs.
This needs at least 10 stars. The recipe was easy to make & tasted magnificent. I made a strawberry sauce that went wonderfully with it. Thanks An_Net for sharing this keeper.