Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy little cookie to go with your coffee.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract or 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons milk (or more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- To prepare biscotti, combine eggs, sugar, oil and almond extract.
- Beat well with a mixer at medium speed. Whisk 3 cups flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to egg mixture. Beat at low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium and mix until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Add additional flour if needed to shape dough easily.
- Shape into two 12-by-2-inch rolls and place on pans. Bake 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Slice diagonally into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200°F Stand biscotti on edge on baking sheets and return to oven. Bake 30 minutes or until very dry. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To prepare icing, combine all ingredients; mix well. Drizzle on top of cooled biscotti.
- *I have substituted melted white chocolate chips and drizzled on biscotti.
- Nutrition facts per iced cookie: 130 calories, 5 g fat, 2g protein, 20g carb, 0gfiber, 45mg sodium.