Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious tuna salad made with yogurt instead of mayonnaise, with chick peas and fresh parsley. Delicious!
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Strain yogurt in a yogurt strainer or coffee filter for 30 minutes to one hour to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl.
- Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
I made this recipe exactly as described, and served it over pasta; it was absolutely delicious! However, I thought that it called for way too much yogurt - next time I'll cut the yogurt/tahini mixture in half. Thanks!