Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A twist on a Middle East recipe with a splash of Afghan and Central Asia.
- 473.18 ml long grain white rice
- 946.36 ml water, approximately
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 22.18 ml cinnamon
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml saffron (optional)
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Wash rice well. Place 2 cups rice in a rice maker (or pot), add 4 cups water, or enough water to just cover the rice with no grains sticking out.
- Add raisins, salt, cinnamon, saffron (optional) and then drizzle olive oil around in a circle over the rice mixture. Mix well with spoon so rice and ingredients are blended together. There should be enough cinnamon added to give off a strong scent of cinnamon. Adjust amount as needed.
- Cook rice in rice maker or pot and after rice is cooked, stir ingredients together one more time. Spoon onto large platter and serve with plain, nonfat yogurt.
Excellent! Tasty, easy and fast. I tried another recipe that had chopped onions in it as well. This really fit the bill! Thank you.
really great! I loved this as did my son. I made this in the rice cooker exactly as directed-I liked the directions to check the water and see if it just covers completely-that direction made me take of a few Tbs-the rice then came out perfect. I also doubled the raisins ( we love them)Thanks for this awesome recipe-I will make again