- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups water, approximately
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- plain yogurt, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice well. Place 2 cups rice in a rice maker (or pot), add 4 cups water, or enough water to just cover the rice with no grains sticking out.
- Add raisins, salt, cinnamon, saffron (optional) and then drizzle olive oil around in a circle over the rice mixture. Mix well with spoon so rice and ingredients are blended together. There should be enough cinnamon added to give off a strong scent of cinnamon. Adjust amount as needed.
- Cook rice in rice maker or pot and after rice is cooked, stir ingredients together one more time. Spoon onto large platter and serve with plain, nonfat yogurt.