Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found with some old recipe clippings.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 12 shallots, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Marinate the steak in the olive oil and 4 cloves garlic for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Prepare the sauce by melting the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallots and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire, mustard and rhe 8 cloves garlic and wine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Keep hot in a chafing dish while cooking the meat.
- Stir in parsley and chives just before serving.
- Broil the beef over the fir or in the oven until the outside is charred. the inside should be very rare.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces and rush to the waiting sauce.
- Provide forks and small slices of French bread to absorb the juices and sauce.
- Do not cook the meat in advance, it will get to well done in the sauce.