- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 350 g dried orange lentils
- 2 liters vegetable bouillon granules or 2 liters chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil in soup pot and cook carrot, celery and onions together, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and stock and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season the soup and add the lemon juice and cumin.
- Liquidise, the easiest way is with an immersion blender.
- Freezes very well.