Recipe by _Laurie Lee
This candy is super easy to make,and so good!! You make it in the microwave. I have been making it years with no failures. This recipe comes from TEXAS COUNTRY REPORTER cookbook.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans on a large glass plate and microwave on high power for 6 minutes, stirring at 2 minute intervals. Set aside.
- In an 8-cup microwave-safe bowl, microwave margarine on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar and condensed milk until blended.
- Microwave on high power for 7 minutes, stirring at 2 minute intervals.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until stiff.
- Stir in vanilla and reserved pecans.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8-inch square glass pan.
- Chill until firm.Cut into squares.