Recipe by Random Rachel
My tea kettle broke, so I figured out how to make iced tea in the microwave, which isn't difficult to do, but I thought someone else might like to know how. I like to use 4 green tea bags, a lemonade crystal light, and add 1/8 cup of honey - it tastes almost like the Arizona green tea with ginseng.
- 1 gallon water (divided)
- 6 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar, to taste (or peach, or raspberry) or 1 (1/4 ounce) container sugar-free lemonade-flavored drink mix (or peach, or raspberry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 2 cups of water into a 2 cup microwave safe glass measure. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. (It should just come to a boil.).
- Add teabags, dunk a few times, and let steep 15+ minutes, to your tastes.
- Pour into gallon sized pitcher, add remaining water, and ice if desired.
- Chill and drink :-).
- NOTE: If you use bottled water it will super heat and could come to a boil suddenly when you add the teabags, so use caution.