Recipe by littleturtle
Hot breakfast that will stick with you. Extremely high fiber, Low Carb, and High Protein.
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 scoops protein shake mix
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water (per 1/2 cup pre-made cereal mix)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients for the pre-made mix, and store in air-tight container.
- To use mix: Pour boiling water over cereal, mix well, and microwave for one minute.
- Stir again, and microwave for one more minute.
- Stir in almond butter and let stand for one minute.
- Stir in milk and additional sweetener if desired and serve.