Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Recipesource.com by Dennis Spivey from Sear's Microwave Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 16 large marshmallows (or 160 mini)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a 2 quart glass mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter and milk.
- Cook on roast (70%) for 2 to 3 minutes until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from oven and stir well.
- Cook on roast for another 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved completely.
- Stir in large marshmallows and chocolate chips and beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread mixture into an 8 inch butter baking dish.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
This recipe is awesome. I did change it up a little. I only used 3/4 cup sugar, I used 3 tbsp. butter, and almost a whole bag of mini marshmallows. I refused to count out 160 of them! It is delicious. Not too sweet, nice and creamy, and I used toasted walnuts. I made mine in the microwave as well.