Simple to make with the texture of english muffins. A real money-saver! Try substituting some whole wheat flour and add a little honey & cinnamon for a change of taste. I've used this recipe for at least 30 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set aside 1 cup flour.
- 2In a large plastic pitcher or glass bowl, combine remaining flour, sugar, salt, soda and yeast.
- 3Measure water and milk together in glass measure, and heat in microwave until warm, approximately 110 - 120 degrees F.
- 4Add liquids to flour in bowl. Beat well. Stir in reserved flour to make a stiff batter.
- 5Prepare a glass loaf pan: grease generously and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spoon batter into the pan, sprinkle top with cornmeal. Cover with waxed paper.
- 6Cook in the microwave 1 minute at 50% power, then rest 10 minutes.
- 7Repeat twice more.
- 8Bake in microwave 6 ½ minutes at 100% power. Rest 5 minutes in pan.
- 9Remove from pan to rack, cool completely.
- 10Slice and toast, and serve with butter and jam.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave English Muffin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g