Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
One night it was just me and the kids and we wanted a quick dinner. We came up with this and the kids loved it. I liked it too as it was quick, easy and tasty!
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili or 4 cups homemade chili
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- Cook hot dogs according to package. I make mine in the microwave when cooking this recipe but it is more time consuming this one because I make one at a time.
- Warm chili in microwave until hot.
- Warm wraps in microwave according to package directions.
- Place one hot dog, chili and cheddar cheese (as much as you like – we like a lot of both) in a wrap. Add onions if desired. Serve.
DH and I love these with the optional onions and with less chili - 1 can. I assemble them earlier in the day, stick with a toothpick, divide them into two foil-lined pans, then bake one of them later at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Each of us has two wraps along with sides of baked Beans and/or baked fries for a casual, easy lunch or dinner. Two or three days later, I bake the other pan of wraps, and we enjoy them all over again. Thanks for sharing these very tasty treats.
What a great idea..and so quick and simple!! I really liked this.The tortillas are a perfect vehicle for the chilli,as they aren't so messy,plus,I feel that the bread often dominates everything in a conventional chilli dog,whereas it doesn't happen in this instance.I actually prefered it in a wrap,and I know that I'll be eating these probably far more often than I should be!! Thanks for posting!! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
What a :yummy: easy busy night meal! We made the recipe with both tortillas and hotdog buns. Of course the tortillas were less messy. We used 1 can of chili and some leftover sloppy joes. We skipped the onion this time, but will be adding it next time. Thanks for a great recipe!