Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
From an Andy Boy brand broccoli wrapper. I alway microwave broccoli plain in a steamer and this sounds like a nice change of pace with the ginger and lemon peel.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place broccoli spears in a 1 1/2 quart microwavable covered dish and cook on high for 6-8 minutes. Note-I think recipe had a typo because it said 14-16 minutes-I would have a fire with that much heat for fresh broccoli so use your judgment.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and blend in flour and gradually add milk.
- Microwave uncovered on medium 2 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Stir in lemon peel and juice slowly to avoid curdling.
- Add salt and ginger and Pour sauce over the broccoli.
- Heat again 2 minutes to heat through.
Thanks for posting oohlala. This was delish and super simple. There was only one problem; one bunch didn't serve six people here. It served three and a tiny portion of broccoli at that. I will double it next time as we like our veggies. That said the sauce was tasty, lemony, frothy with a hint of ginger. When I made it I ended up making the sauce on the stove because the direction wasn't clear then poured it over the broccoli as directed and heated again. It was a tiny mistake <br/>that turned out delightful. We ate this happily. Made for My Three Chefs tag game. Enjoy! ChefDLH