Recipe by *chookn3chicks*
This was originally taken from a family circle cookbook for making chicken nuggets. My hubby has adapted it to make these burgers. The flour and breadcrumbs are estimates as you need enough to cover the chicken. This recipe feeds our family of 5 easily and quite often there is enough for two burgers each or left over nuggets for a later snack. The kids enjoy helping mick make these on weekends. The preparation time also includes 30 minutes of refrigeration.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour (approx)
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs (approx)
- oil (for frying)
- 6 bread rolls
- 6 slices hot cooked bacon
- 1 lettuce
- 1 -2 tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken approximately 1-2 cm thick.
- Mix the flour and seasoning in a plastic bag and add the chicken. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated with flour. Remove and shake off the excess.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow bowl and put the breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl. working with a few strips at a time dip the chicken in the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to moderately hot and fry chicken in batches until golden brown. drain on paper towels.
- Layer chicken, mayonnaise, bacon, some lettuce and tomato onto the bread rolls and enjoy.