Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful cookie. The cookie has a light and buttery taste to it, one of the best I have ever made. The dough is so easy since it doesn't need to chill before using. This a a recipe you NEED to try!
- 2 cups salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream (or whole milk)
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Combine butter and sugar.
- "Donot take this mixture to a"light cream.
- "Just make sure the mixture has no butter lumps.
- In a small bowl mix egg, milk/cream, and extracts.
- Add this mixture all at once to the butter and sugar.
- Mix just until the egg is broken.
- The mixture will curdle, thats not a problem.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add these dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Process to form the dough.
- Peheat your oven to 325 F, Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper to bake your cookies on.
- Roll out and cut your cookies into desired shapes, place on cookie sheets, and bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- NOTE: ONCE THE COOKIES ARE BAKED TOP WITH YOUR FAVORITE BOUGHT OR HOMEMADE ICING-- ENJOY!
I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine since that's what I had. The batter was not sticky which made it nice for rolling out. I did use 2 cups of whole wheat flour along with 4 cups of all purpose flour. The flavor is still lacking something. I am not sure what. They are not real sweet cookies. Maybe sprinkling sugar on top before baking would help. I will be frosting them and that should add some flavor. By themselves without frosting they are just OK.