1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I recently had this at a dinner party and knew I had to have the recipe! Roasting the vegetables gives the lasagna a richer flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch squares
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch dice (about 3/4 lb)
- 2 zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch dice (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 summer squash, cut into 3/4 inch dice (about 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 lb portabella mushroom, cut into 3/4 inch dice (or other mushrooms)
- 2 shallots, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig (or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 lb dry lasagna noodle (about 15 noodles)
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 1Heat the oven to 450°F
- 2In a large roasting pan, combine bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, shallots, and rosemary. Toss with the oil, 1 ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper. Roast, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
- 3Discard the rosemary sprig, if using. When the shallots are cool enough to handle, peel and chop them. Combine the chopped shallots, ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan, nutmeg, egg, ½ tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper.
- 4Cook the lasagna noodles, slightly underdone. Drain with cold water and dry on paper towels.
- 5Oil a 9x13” baking dish. Spread ½ cup of tomato sauce over the bottom of dish. Lay several sheets of pasta, slightly overlapping, on the sauce. Dot with half the ricotta mixture. Spread half of the roasted vegetables on top of the cheese. Pour about 1 cup of sauce over the vegetables. Top the sauce with a second layer of pasta. Dot with the remaining ricotta mixture and cover with the remaining vegetables and about 1 cup of sauce. Top the sauce with a final layer of pasta and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- 6Bake at 350F until golden and bubbling, about 45 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michelle's Lasagna With Oven-Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 2112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: