Recipe by David04
We had a whole bunch of fresh Okra and needed some recipes to use it with. So, I found this one.
- 2 lbs okra
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb, stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash okra and trim okra, and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with oil and place in broiler and lightly brown the okra.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, lamb meat, and spices in olive oil, stirring regularly, until meat is browned.
- Add water and salt, then stir, bring to boil.
- Cover, lower heat and slow cook until meat is tender.
- Add browned okra, chopped tomatoes and ½ cup fresh cilantro.
- Mix well, cover and cook until okra is tender.