Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 504 hrs
From the Lemonladies in California, this is HEAVEN! (cooking time is the amoutn of time the lemon zest sits in the alcohol)
- Wash the lemons and leaves; with a potato peeler remove the rind from the lemon (take care to only remove yellow skin, not white flesh.
- put lemon rind,leaves and alcohol in a sealed jar and let it soak for two or three weeks.
- Toward the end of the two/three weeks put sugar and water in a pan, let it boil for 4 minutes and let it cool.
- Mix everything, remove the lemon rind and filter the mixture through a coffee paper filter or washed cheesecloth.
- Put in bottles and put in freezer. In few hours the limoncello is ready to be served.
- If you cannot find pure spirits, you can substitute a good quality vodka, and cut back on some of the water.