Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful soup. You can cut down time with precooked meets. It is a soup I learned to love after visiting Mexico the past 10 yrs and this is the method I always found there.
- 1 lb steak, usually prepared with round steak
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 2 cups chopped green chilies, roasted and peeled (i use canned)
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil.
- Dredge meat in flour and brown.
- Add onions and cook till onions are clear.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer with lid about an hour.