I came up with this by using different recipes for similar recipes. It is a nice dinner. Fast, easy, cheap and healthy! I ran this through recipe builder on Weight Watchers this is 3 points per serving.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I buy regular ground beef cook it and drain and rinse it very well several times and freez in 1/2 lb)
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 ounces 2% cheddar cheese
- Mix ground beef (cook first if not previously cooked), fat free refried beans, tomato sauce, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 Tbl. chili powder, 1 teaspoons onion powder, & 1/4 teaspoons ground red pepper.
- Simmer until beans have "melted" stir in the pepper jack cheese.
- Cut corn tortillas into quarters.
- Spray bottom of 9X13 baking dish with PAM.
- Layer 1/3 of tortillas on bottom.
- Spoon 1/3 of meat, bean, & tomato sauce mixture. Repeat.
- Sprinkle reduced fat cheddar on top of last layer.
- Bake covered at 400* for 30 minutes.