Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful!It was given to me by a co-worker. It is simple and makes a beautiful salad.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Baby Spinach
- 1 (13 ounce) can mexicorn or 1 (13 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits work well)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 ounces chicken strips (I use Louis Rich Southwesteren pre-cooked chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- Mix salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad prior to serving.
very easy to make takes about 10 minutes. taste very good, I added hard boiled eggs and some mushrooms and used home made chicken strips.
THIS SALAD IS AWESOME!!! So EASY to make, yet tastes gourmet! My husband loved it and he's not a lover of salads! When he found out he was eating spinach he was like "Hmm...if I'd known that before I don't know that I'd of eaten it, but this is GREAT!" It was also just as good after a day in the fridge! The dressing is fantastic and I plan on using it for other salads as well. It will be a great salad to take to summer BBQ's and picnics!