Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Note, the original recipe was written for the CRAZE E salad contest using their ingredients, however I have since modified the recipe using my favorite ingredients.The dressing is using Smoked Chile Vinaigrette.
- 44.37 ml dried ancho chile powder (adjust to taste)
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml arbol chile, powder (adjust to taste)
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g spinach, washed and dried
- 177.44 ml smoked chile vinaigrette (See Smoked Chile Vinaigrette)
- chopped cilantro leaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the ancho chili powder, light brown sugar, chile de arbol, cinnamon, and cumin, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, place the shrimp.
- Generously salt and pepper the shrimp; then, sprinkle with the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Place the spinach in a bowl, drizzle with some of the Smoked Chile Vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the seasoned spinach among 4 plates.
- Place 6 shrimp around each plate and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette. Garnish with chopped cilantro.