Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Note, the original recipe was written for the CRAZE E salad contest using their ingredients, however I have since modified the recipe using my favorite ingredients.The dressing is using Smoked Chile Vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon arbol chile, powder (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces spinach, washed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup smoked chile vinaigrette (See Smoked Chile Vinaigrette)
- chopped cilantro leaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the ancho chili powder, light brown sugar, chile de arbol, cinnamon, and cumin, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, place the shrimp.
- Generously salt and pepper the shrimp; then, sprinkle with the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Place the spinach in a bowl, drizzle with some of the Smoked Chile Vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the seasoned spinach among 4 plates.
- Place 6 shrimp around each plate and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This one did not work out for me. The ingredients just don't go together, it's just a bunch of things in a bowl. This could be fine to use up leftovers.