Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Better Homes and Gardens. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- lime wedge (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Cook shrimp in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pimk. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain, rinse under cold running water and place cooked shrimp in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- Stir in tomato, onion and cilantro.
- Pour tomato mixture over shrim; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add avocados; toss to coat.
- Serve in cocktail glasses. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.
My husband loves this! When he goes camping or hunting, he makes it a day ahead, puts it in a tupperware bowl. The guys devour it!