Coctel De Camaron (Mexican Shrimp Cocktail)
This one of my favorites for those hot summer days.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (48 ounce) can vegetable juice (V-8)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cucumbers, seeded & diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 bunch celery, finely chopped*
- 2 large tomatoes, diced*
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (optional)
- salt & pepper
- * are optional items.
- Mix all items together in a glass bowl or other non-reactive container.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Serve in glass with lime wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe is exactly what I was looking for!!! A restaurant (Jalapeno's) by my old house had something like this, but now that we're an hour away, my husband and I don't go there as much as we'd like. I do have to say... this recipe was better!!! Not only did it taste better, but at Jalapeno's, they serve it in a wine glass for about 12 dollars... This recipe only cost me about 18 dollars and I could EASILY fill up 50 of those glasses. Thanks for sharing!!! I will be recommending this to friends!!! By the way, since I made so much (for just me and my husband), we had it as an appetizer AND as a topper for our tilapia (which was wonderful), and we'll be enjoying it for a few days!