Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
What do you mean there is no such thing as a Mexican Rouladen? Of course there is I just invented one. I recommend that you use Di's Refried Beans for the Fried beans -Serve with a crisp salad. This is a recipe that you can do ahead and just pop in the oven 45 minutes befor dinner SOOOOO Easy
- 4 rouladen beef (thin slices of beef already prepared by your butcher)
- 2 cups refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, hot,medium or mild
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups other favorite cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 avocados, peeled,pitted & sliced (optional)
- Pound the rouladen to make them tender, don't beat them to death just a few taps.
- Lay them out on a cutting board and spread 1/2 cup of refried beans and 2-3 tbsp cheese on each.
- Roll up each roulladen and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place them side by side in an oven proof casserole dish, pour over the salsa cover with foil.
- Bake in 375F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Return to oven uncovered and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream& Avocado slice on top.
I've tried several rouladen's before but never a mexican version... I think I just found my favorite version. Normally I adjust recipes to our preference but didn't have to on this one, just cut back the avocado & sour cream we added at the end. Very tasty with our favorite salsa & a great way to use up the homemade refried beans I had. Thanks for sharing.