Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
homemade mexican rice on top of poblano peppers with mexican cheeses.
Make and share this Mexican Rice Stuffed Poblano Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Fry rice in a little olive oil until it is lightly browned. (3-5 minutes).
- add rotel (and juice), garlic, onion, cumn.
- fry one more minute and pour into sauce pan with the water and beans.
- boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- in the mean time, slice poblano peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Broil peppers for 3-5 minutes to begin roasting.
- Pile rice mix on top of poblano peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
I was confused about the water...4 cups seemed like a lot, and when I saw that it only had to cook for 15 minutes, I was really suspicious. Mine simmered for almost an hour, there was still a lot of liquid, and the rice was getting mushy. The flavors are all there, but I didn't like the texture and will add less water next time.
Followed the recipe exactly, except cutting it down for 2 people. Loved the flavors. Put salsa on top for extra flavor! Thanks!
Very good! I did use Queso Fresco for the cheese and I didn't have Rotel so I just used diced tomatoes with garlic and onion. It turned out really well. thanks for posting!!