Recipe by - Carla -
Sprinkle this hearty tomato and cheese topped casserole with chopped fresh cilantro for bright color and fresh flavor.
Top Review by Inspiritual
we loved it, but i did make a few adjustments. first, i used 1 bag of morningstar farms crumble as we are a vegetarian household. also, i mixed the first three ounces of cheese into the pasta mixture and then topped it with the remaining cheese and tomato -- it gave it a much cheesier taste throughout.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (24 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 4-quart casserole dish.
- Cook beef in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Cook rigatoni pasta according to package directions; drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Stir in the ground beef, corn, salsa and beans.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture into the casserole dish and place tomato slices on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.