Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with freshly made sangria or margaritais.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked Barilla castellane
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Barilla sweet peppers & garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (, for garnish)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese or shredded monterey jack cheese, , for garnish
- Prepare castellane according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chorizo; cook and stir aLout 9 minutes; drain off fat.
- Add corn and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in Barilla* sauce and cook until heated through.
- Add chorizo mixture to cooked castellane in large howl and toss well.
- Garnish with cilantro and cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
I altered the recipe by using Aidell's corn and red pepper sausage and adding chopped onion and garlic as the pasta sauce I used did not have garlic in it. It was good though I would have liked a little more Mexican flavor. the grated cheese on top definitely adds to it. I would make this again but I might add some additional seasoning to it. Using the lower fat sausage definitely helps make it healthier. I also question the Carbohydrate analysis. Can't possibly be only 6.3 gms so Diabetics beware.