Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's an easy meal in one that most families love. Adjust the hotness to suit your family up or down. Sometimes I omit the potatoes and just put the tortillas top & bottom (you'll need about 6 tortillas (try corn for a change)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups canned green beans, frenched
- 4 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (cheese combined)
- Saute the onion until tender.
- Add meat, seasoning& brown.
- Add drained beans, jalepenos& soup.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- top with mashed potatoes, then the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with hot tortillas (Iprefer corn but your favorite will do).
Tasty pie, I used frozen french beans, thawed them and then stir fried with the onion. Loved the mix of the 2 cheeses, cant beat that stringy mozzarella! Thanks for posting Bergy. =)
I told my husband we could have whatever he wanted for supper, as long as it used up our fresh green beans. He wanted Mexican. "Mexican and green beans do not go together," I tell him, rolling my eyes. But, being the good wife I am, I searched on Recipezaar and found this recipe. It's kind of similar to a shepherd's pie. My husband loved it, and while I wasn't as crazy about it as he was, I thought it was not bad at all.
This was great. I would describe it as a casserole rather than a crustless pie but whatever, I used 1/4 c. cheddar and 1/4 c. parmesean chees because we were out of mozzarella, no jalepenos and no onions, it was very different and very delicious