Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick meal to throw together, easy to tweak to your spice level -- try adding green chilies or using hot taco seasoning! Best served with tortilla chips (almost like a taco salad!)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- lettuce, chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Brown ground beef; drain off fat. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Cook over low heat about 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Spread meat mixture into greased 9 x 13" baking pan. Spread beans over meat.
- Sprinkle with cheeses, then with chopped onion.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Makes 8 Serving suggestion: Serve over tortilla chips and top with sour cream, chopped lettuce and tomato.
This was absolutely delicious and very easy to make. I served it ala carte with sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream and a bit of picante sauce and a side of recipe#349684 - #349684. I used Kittencal's Taco Seasoning mix as I think its got a great flavor - recipe#76616 - #76616. DH ate his with chips, I ate mine as a salad. DD ate hers just as-is and we all loved it. Thanks for posting iewe - made by your teammate for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys!
This was a quick meal to make. Great for busy nights and need to get dinner on the table. Spicy and cheesy. A great meal. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.
I made this and used hot salsa in it as well. Terrific casserole, loved it.