Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little dish me and my boyfriend came up with. It's essentially a modified version of Chili Colorado. Easy to make, and very filling!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Mexican rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef.
- Drain beef.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover and simmer.
- Prepare the rice.
- Combine the rice and contents of the sauce pan.
Very good instead of beef use grilled vegetables (zuchini).