Recipe by Sharon123
A nice Mexican twist to the beloved grilled cheese sandwich.If you can't get the jalapeno cheese bread, try adding a little chopped chipotle pepper to the butter! Or add some sliced pickled jalapeno on top of the cheese on the bread. From Yahoo.com.
Top Review by Noo
AY CARUMBA......this was FANTASTICO ..!!
A couple of minor alterations.....no jalapeno cheese bread, so used wholegrain - and as I can't get pepper jack cheese here (sob) I always use Aussie Jack or Colby mixed with some chilli flakes....
A totally AWESOME sandwich, that I demolished with absolute gleeful greediness!!
What a find- cheers Sharon !! Made with total pleasure for PRMR.
- 4 slice thick jalapeno cheese bread (or whole grain bread)
- 4 slice jalapeno jack cheese, thinly sliced (or habanero jack cheese)
- 4.92 ml taco seasoning mix
- 118.29 ml medium salsa
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a griddle, sandwich maker, or a skillet over medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix butter and taco seasoning mix(adding in a little chipotle if desired). Spread half of mixture on one side of each piece of bread. Put cheese slices onto bread and top with remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches, buttered sides down, on hot griddle. Spread top sides with remaining butter mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa as a dip.